Are you a kid? Do you know any kids? Do you have kids? Do you ever see any kids? OK, were you ever a kid?!
The National Youth Advocacy Coalition maintains a collection of resources on information about the lives of LGBT and questioning young people, as well as resources specifically for these youth and youth-serving professionals nationwide. It's mission is to end discrimination against these youth and to ensure their physical and emotional well-being.
If you ever have any questions, need a resource, or have a suggestion for a resource, they're a great place to go.
They maintain wiki pages for:
- Best Practices for HIV Prevention (Organizations)
- Best Practices for Health and Wellness (Organizations)
- Best Practices for LGBT Homeless Youth
- Best Practices for Policy and Advocacy (Organizations)
- Best Practices for Tobacco Cessation (Organizations) (including the August 2010 report, “Coming Out about Smoking: Tobacco Use in the LGBTQ Young Adult Community,” which explores the reasons why sexual minority youth smoke and suggests strategies for prevention.
- Best Practices for Youth Engagement (Organizations)