And now, the week in equality.
- Our very own Ian Palmquist has an excellent piece featured on NC Policy Watch's website about the recent tragedies in bullying nationwide and a call to action to prevent those kinds of unhappy endings in our state.
- A little while ago, Q-Notes featured an article about the Healthy Youth Act that's currently going through the state legislature. They claim that there is much to be desired with the current version. Sean Kosofsky of NARAL Pro-Choice NC (one of the coalition members for the Healthy Youth Act) and Ian give their opinion here.
- We mentioned last week how one of our strongest advocates, Sen. Julia Boseman, is being recognized for her diligent work for equality. Q-Notes has more on that in case you missed it.
- We also mentioned a little while ago how the great folks at PFLAG Winston-Salem are taking a stand against Virginia Foxx's reprehensible comments (and lack of adequate apologies) with ads. Q-Notes has a great, extensive article about their campaign.
- Much congratulations to one of NC's very own, a fierce advocate for equality and one of the nation's leading bloggers, Pam Spaulding of Pam's House Blend. She's being honored by the Women's Media Center Awards (along with the likes of Rachel Maddow and Tina Fey!) Thanks for all you do, Pam!
Have a wonderful, relaxing Memorial Day weekend!