Friday, April 17, 2009

Blog of Silence

Day of Silence
www.dayofsilence.org

Please understand my reasons for not speaking today. I am participating in the Day of Silence (DOS), a national youth movement bringing attention to the silence faced by lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people and their allies. My deliberate silence echoes that silence, which is caused by anti-LGBT bullying, name-calling and harassment. I believe that ending the silence is the fi rst step toward building awareness and making a commitment to address these injustices. Think about the voices you are not hearing today.

What are you going to do to end the Silence?

1 comment:

  1. My school did theirs yesterday. I teach, as an openly gay man, at Knightdale. We had over 100 students participate and only one incident I know of. It really is something to see when students put themselves out like this.

    ReplyDelete