Thursday, February 5, 2009

Meet Our New Communications Fellow

Our new Communications Fellow, Wes Nemenz, is on board and ready to take Equality NC's communications to a new level! He introduces himself in the post below.

Greetings from Equality NC! This is your new Communications fellow, Wes. Before I spill the beans on all of the exciting plans we have coming up, I wanted to take a minute to introduce myself and let everyone know a bit about me. I graduated from UNCG last May with a degree in (drumroll please....) Communication Studies! While I was there, I put a lot of focus into media studies and public relations. I was lucky enough to benefit from the instruction and guidance of some wonderful professors there who really inspired me to use my new skills to more effectively create change in the world. I feel so lucky to be involved in such a powerful organization working to create real change in our state. Now, onto the good stuff...

As some of you may have already noticed, we're working hard on creating a stronger presence on Facebook, and one that works with what we're trying to do. If you haven't become a Fan of us yet, click here and add us! The fan page is just another way for us to open our line of communication with you, but in the future, we hope it becomes a nice little hub for people to use, share, and interact regarding all things equality. In addition to Facebook, we're also updating our MySpace page and we've created a YouTube account. What's exciting about YouTube is that it allows us to share important multimedia and videos with you and with others all over the world in a visual way that many in our movement are just starting to catch on to.

Last but not least, you'll be noticing some changes on the website very soon. We realize that there are some minor functionality issues, and we should have a much cleaner, more effective website coming your way in the next few months.

Everyone has been so kind around the office here, and it's been so eye-opening to see how hard everyone is working on behalf of you. It's a world I almost never knew existed, and I'm so glad to be a part of it. I look forward to meeting you all at some point or another. I'll be traveling around to some of the Town Hall meetings with my video camera looking for your stories on bullying, so come ready to share! Until then... Here's to broadening our communication in 2009!

No comments:

Post a Comment